Thursday, December 16, 2010

Home in less than a week!


Have been busy the last few days, not as much blog posting time, but much to blog about... This trip is very rapidly coming to a close – I fly back to Accra on Saturday, then arrive in DC on Tuesday morning, then fly to Greencastle on Wednesday evening, if all the flights go as scheduled.

I really don’t want to think about what the temperature shock is going to feel like… I don’t even have a jacket in which to make my way from Dulles to Mt Pleasant!

On the other hand, Kalila is by all reports doing quite well at the Indianapolis hospital post-surgery, and I’m really looking forward to checking up on her in person very soon.

Speaking of kids, here’s a bonus picture of me carrying Bobo (Ibraheem Jr) around on my back, African-style. The Gambians Sirah and I walked past on the street found this hilarious. It’s also the first practical use for large breasts I’ve ever recognized – they’re essential for fighting the baby’s gravity!

No comments:

Post a Comment