Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

Just sent the email below to all of you who have pledged or donated. Happy Thanksgiving!

Also, Kalila -- and all of us -- are famous! The Indianapolis Recorder wrote about her and our work for their lead article this week.

*************

Dear friends,

Yesterday, as I held a very rambunctious Kalila in my arms at the counter of the American embassy in Ghana to confirm her visa appointment for next week, I couldn't help but marvel at the network of amazing people around the world who have come together to save her life.

So on this day of all days, let me say: Thank you.

Thanks for being the kind of people who will stand between a mother halfway around the world and her worst fears.

Thanks for being the kind of people who believe that, while we may not be able to right every injustice or save every life, it's well worth making a difference where we can.

And last but certainly not least, thanks for your friendship. I'm truly honored and blessed to have you all in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment